Are you interested in learning more about how to protect your intellectual property and the corresponding rights? The importance grows daily as emerging companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and university spin-outs continue to progress early within the life sciences sector of the company. Our discussion will particularly focus on how to determine if a patent application is an appropriate means of protection for the emerging growth company and how to effectively pursue a patent application. Emerging companies can get straight to work after understanding the steps needed to apply for patents and continue legally pursuing the companies mission!
We will discuss:
Register today to begin protecting your IP!
Speaker: Robert J. Sovesky, Patent Attorney, K&L Gates
- A general overview of Intellectual Property (IP) and their importance for a start-up
- Comparison and contrast of IP rights
- Patents generally
- Determining when to pursue patent protection
- The patent application process
- Common pitfalls in the patent application process
- Licensing, enforcement, etc.