Transitioning to a workplace of safety and health is crucial for staying open during the pandemic. If your employees, feel unsafe, your customers likely will too. This session will introduce many topics to highlight the importance of a safe and healthy work environment. We will cover workers compensation insurance and how to reduce the amount the premium may increase annually, describe what the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) does for workplace safety and health. Some resources available to businesses to improve workplace safety and health will be provided.
Topics to be discussed:
Speaker: Wayne Vanderhoof CSP, President of RJR Safety Inc.
- Importance of Injury Prevention
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Industries to which OSHA regulations apply and those that the regulations do not apply
- OSHA Recordkeeping Requirements
- Common OSHA Regulations – PPE, Hazard Communication, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention, Fall Protection
- Industry-specific OSHA Standards
- OSHA Enforcement and Fines
- Why & how to use OSHA Standard
- National standards covering workplace safety and health
- OSHA Small Business Assistance – Consulting, Handbook, and Webpage