1st: Take a look at the resources SBDC has made available for existing businesses.
2nd: Complete a Request for Consulting
form and you will be contacted to schedule an appointment within 10 business days. Our business consultants specialize in the areas of mangement, global trade, and technology commercialization.
Did you know?
In a survey done by M&A Today, 65% of business owners don’t know the value of their company and 85% don’t have an exit plan.
According to a Price Waterhouse Coopers study, failing to do pre-sale planning is the number one reason why business deals fail.
The Exit Planning workshop will include:
- An overview of the buying and selling atmosphere in Pittsburgh and Western PA
- What is transitional planning?
- Goal setting for your plan
- Preparing for tomorrow's sale - revenue reporting, changes in balance sheet, tax strategies, management issues
- Communicating with your employees and vendors about the possible transition
- Different ways to preserve the value of your business
- A review of the pros and cons of different ways to sell a business - ESOP, owner financing, succession, acquisition, and leveraged buy-out
- An understanding of how much information you should give a potential buyer and in what format
- Learning the role a broker plays and how to determine if you need one
- How to make or break the transition deal
- A look at methods for valuing a business and which one is right for you
- A review of a sample appraisal
- Tips for paying less taxes and getting a better price for your business
- How to find a business appraiser and important questions to ask them
- Strategies for increasing the value of your business
- A look at legal contracts - what to expect, what's negotiable and a list of different legal terms
- Key elements to effectively present your deal
- Tax Review