1st: New business startups and entrepreneurs without previous business experience can start working with the Small Business Development Center by attending our "First Step: Business Startup Essentials" workshop. These 2-3 hour workshops are offered in several locations - our office at Duquesne University, as well as Beaver, Butler, and Lawerence counties.
2nd: Take a look at the resources that the SBDC has made available after attending the First Step: Business Startup Essentials workshop.
3rd: Complete a Request for Consulting
form after attending the workshop and reviewing our additional resources. You will be contacted by a consultant within 10 business days to schedule an appointment once the form is recieved.
1st: Take a look at the resources that the SBDC has made available.
2nd: Complete a Request for Consulting
form after reviewing our resources. You will be contacted by a consultant within 10 business days to schedule an appointment once the form is received.
According to the Small Business Administration, small businesses...
- Represent over 99% of all employers.
- Employ 52% of the private workers.
- Employ 38% of the private workers in high-tech occupations.
- Represent 96% of all exporters of goods.
- Receive 35% of federal contract dollars.
- Are home-based 53% of the time.
Entrepreneurs often feel overwhelmed about starting a business. They often have questions like:
- Will I be profitable?
- Can I afford to quit my job?
- How do I get a loan?
- Where do I find customers?
- What is a business plan?