Our primary offices are located at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA.
Small Business Development Center
108 Rockwell Hall
600 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15282-0103
Phone: (412) 396-1633
Fax: (412) 396-5884
Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 4:30 PM
The Duquesne University SBDC is hosting this free workshop:
Location: The Energy Innovation Center
Date: March 22, 2017
Are you over 50 and looking for ways to improve your current financial situation? Have you ever dreamed of being your own boss? Work for Yourself@50+SM has the information you need to succeed.
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ initiative will help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
· A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
· Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
· A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
· Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
· Ways to find trustworthy support and services
Call 888-339-5617 to register. For additional information, visit aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself.
Work for Yourself@50+ is made possible in part through a grant from The Hartford.