It’s hard to believe another year has passed and that we will be celebrating Small Business Saturday on November 25th. This day if planned and executed correctly, can provide small businesses with exposure and also be a source of new and sustained customers. Allow me to offer you a few ideas for enhancing your business efforts in this regard.
5 Tips for Local Businesses on Small Business Saturday
1. Be sure your Google My Business, website and social media information and hours are up to date.
2. Determine your most profitable products and services either from a revenue and or cost perspective and plan to offer discounts while advertising/promoting such in advance of the event.
3. Communicate why you are different/better than the larger business entities. What makes you different value-added, and why customers want to do business with you.
4. Plan to offer a portion of proceeds gained from the event to a local charity and/or other community needs. This evidence of “business citizenship” will have a positive effect on the community and have a positive influence on your existing and future customers.
5. Have and promote an initial kick-off or special event at the beginning of the day. As an example, the first X number of folks to your business would receive something. Another example might be to have a raffle of giveaways to lure prospective customers.
Small Business Saturday is an excellent opportunity to attract incremental customers. Remember, you are the backbone of the economy, and don’t ever forget it!
We here at the Duquesne SBDC are proud and honored to serve you. Remember, we are only an email and/or phone call away to assist you with your business needs.
Happy Small Business Saturday!!